вторник, 17 июня 2014 г.

Quick Workouts

Quick Workouts

Holy $hit! Where did 2013 go?! I can’t for the life of me believe that Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!


I need to start looking for a Turkey Trot to sign-up for, OR find a few people willing to head up to trail with me and run/walk a 5K the morning of Thanksgiving. Bueller? Bueller?!


Typically, I prefer to roll out of bed, grab a cup of coffee and snuggle on the couch with the kids, to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning, but that’s not going to help me achieve my goals. This year, I feel that waking up an hour earlier, lacing up my running shoes and getting my endorphins flowing BEFORE my coffee and parade tradition would be a good idea and help to reduce the Turkey Day guilt later in the day.


Since I’ve had quite a few people tell me that they hope to avoid the typical holiday weight gain, I thought it might be fun to have a challenge group run from now through Thanksgiving Day.


All you have to do is eat clean, which means to eat natural/whole foods with as few ingredients as possible. You’ll want to avoid the drive-thru’s, sugary pumpkin or peppermint mocha lattes and any impulse purchases up at the register, that you would shove into your mouth between leaving the check-out and arriving at your vehicle. You should also aim to do 25-30 minutes of cardio daily. I know this isn’t easy for everyone, but it is a challenge. This cardio could be at your local gym, running, cycling, walking ( just not a leisurely stroll) or any at home workout video. Whatever it is, it has to get your heart rate up for 25 minutes! If you can’t do it daily, aim for at least 5 times a week and really watch your nutrition to make up for it. This might sound daunting, but you’ll thank me for the push when you can still button your jeans on Black Friday. The final part of the challenge is to tone you up! You’ll perform the moves listed on the graphic below for the number of reps specified, then rest of 30 seconds before starting all over again, for a total of 3 rounds.


#EarnThatTurkey Thanksgiving Challenge

That’s not too intimidating, right?!


I also invite everyone to come join me on the Facebook Page, where I’ll be posting daily tips as well as an accountability thread, so you can check in and be thankful for your health, new accomplishments achieved and of course….this challenge!


Oh! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #EarnThatTurkey when posting on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. I might even run a few daily challenges that will require it!


Now let’s #EarnThatTurkey and keep that holiday weight gain away!


blog sig
Advertisements

Holiday Challenge

AthletaYoga

#EatCleanWithNikki
For this challenge I want us to all work as a team. I’ll help you as much as I can but expect the following from you:

focus

Click to View Full Size
Click to View Full Size

June Arms and Abs Challenge
Click For Larger Version

Stars and Stripes Workout

Original article and pictures take secure.gravatar.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий