понедельник, 11 февраля 2013 г.

Insatiable

Insatiable

Do you ever have days when your appetite seems insatiable no matter how much you eat?


That was me yesterday.


I snacked all day long, though dinner and after dinner and went to bed feeling just plain bleh.


I actually think my eating frenzy started on Saturday at the Taste of Ocala and the momentum kept up through last night. It was a filling weekend, that’s for sure!


When I think back on what I ate yesterday, I realize I didn’t eat much protein outside of my chicken salad for lunch and found myself snacking on cookies and white cheddar popcorn. (I mean how good it that stuff?) More often than not, eating crap just makes me crave more crap.


I think we all have days like this sometimes and I just try to move on and make the next day healthier. It’s no use giving yourself a hard time and I try to remember how much better I feel on days when my diet is filled with healthier fare. I’m using that thought to motivate me to eat healthy food today!


Breakfast


Healthy food for breakfast came in the form of overnight oats topped with a freshly sliced banana.


overnight oats
overnight oats

This was actually batch number two of overnight oats that I made last night. Batch number one was consumed after dinner as an evening snack. (This happens quite often when I make overnight oats, actually. It’s like they call to me from the fridge.)


10

overnight oatmeal
overnight oatmeal

I also had a hot mug of crème brulee coffee on the side.


creme brulee fresh market coffee
creme brulee fresh market coffee

A little caffeine for a productive Monday morning!


Workout


Before breakfast, I headed to the gym with Ryan for a quality workout.


I began with a 20 minute treadmill workout that got my heart rate up and left me super sweaty.


Then it was time for some strength training.


I did a total body superset workout that looked like this:


total body superset workout
total body superset workout

Here are links to some of the exercises that may be confusing:


It was a fast-moving workout that challenged me and made my muscles burn. Victory!


PBF May Book Club


After capturing slightly more than 48 percent of the votes, the book selected for the PBF’s May Book Club is Still Missing by Chevy Stevens.


still missing chevy stevens
still missing chevy stevens

We’ll be discussing the book on June 1.


Happy reading!


P.S. The Fashion page was updated this morning!


Question of the Morning


  • What do you do on days when your appetite seems insatiable?

On days when I cannot seem to satisfy my appetite no matter how much I eat, I try to make a cognizant effort to eat healthy snacks that are high in healthy fat and protein, like apple slices with peanut butter or trail mix. I will also try to get out of the house and do something since I find that this feeling often happens to me when I’m at home, procrastinating on something I should be doing like cleaning or freelance work.


I didn’t follow either of these little tricks yesterday though… cookies and white cheddar popcorn simply called to me.


Original article and pictures take www.pbfingers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий