пятница, 30 июня 2017 г.

Tutti Frutti Girls’ Birthday Party

Tutti Frutti Girls’ Birthday Party
Tutti Frutti Girls’ Birthday Party

Spoiler alert: I am a boy mom. But I have always wanted to throw a bright and colorful party for a little girl. When I had this opportunity to come up with an idea for a girls’ birthday party I jumped on it! I am going to be on the local news tomorrow morning […]


Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: Recipe Swap with Stephanie Spring

I must be honest. I still have some of these in my refrigerator, and they are the food that is tempting me most! Whole 30 started yesterday, and I may just have to freeze the leftover muffins to enjoy at the end of this month. These delicious, AND healthy, muffins are from Stephanie Spring’s blog. […]


Recipes Tried and Charlotte Restaurants Visited Recently

Sharing posts like this is a good way for me to keep track of recipes our family has tried and liked. My hope is that these can also help you weed through all of the recipes you’ve saved. I know the comments that people add to Pinterest recipe always help me navigate which dishes to […]


Panda Cookie Sprinkle Cupcakes

Taking a break from the healthy recipes to show you a really fun dessert I made this week! A friend asked if I could replicate some desserts I did for her daughter’s birthday a few years ago. This little girl loves pandas, and wanted something similar to what she had in the past. These sprinkle […]


Asian Cucumber Carrot Ramen Salad with Shrimp

This recipe is inspired by one that I found on Pinterest. Avocadopesto.com is a blog I recently found, and it is chock-full of beautiful food. Her site is especially great for those looking for gluten free, vegan, or vegetarian recipes. I love an excuse to pull out my spiralizer, and this cucumber carrot ramen salad […]


Hasselback Pesto Kale Goat Cheese Chicken

Happy Monday, y’all! My one year old is teething, so I am basically letting him do whatever he wants right now. He is currently carrying a giant bag of open Cheerios around, and placing handfuls of them around the kitchen and den. Our golden retriever is following him around and snacking on the mess. Extra […]


Shrimp Ceviche

Do y’all follow Lisa Allen on instagram? She is a beauty and has such a neat family. She writes about fashion and family, and occasionally posts recipes that her family enjoys. I saw this shrimp ceviche months ago and bookmarked it for warmer weather. It was in the high 70s in Charlotte a couple weeks […]


Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Raisins and Carrots

I know it has been kind of a bandwagon, trendy vegetable in the last few years, but I am one of the people who loves brussels sprouts. Todd and I almost always order them if they are on the menu as an appetizer or small plate at a restaurant. We really love roasting them at […]


Veggie Egg Cups

Because mornings are crazy, and it’s nice to have breakfast already made, these veggie egg cups are on regular rotation at our house! I am all about meal prep when I have some extra time to cook. Feeding a family of boys keeps me busy, so having healthy food prepared and ready to go helps […]


Dairy Free Cauliflower Mash

Side dishes can get boring and repetitive, quickly. And sometimes we get stuck in a rut and just do the same-old macaroni and cheese or baked sweet potatoes. But this cauliflower mash is always a hit with my boys! It is dairy-free and made with a healthy veggie that your kids will barely notice. Any […]


5 Recipes I’ve Tried Lately

I’ve put together another edition of Recipes I’ve Tried Lately. Between Pinterest and blogs there are millions of recipes out there in internet land, and I like to remember and share the ones that I make. Especially the ones my family enjoys! Do you all like posts like this? Here are 5 recipes I’ve tried […]


I know it’s kind of old school, but I have really been on a risotto kick recently. It started when my brother and I made dinner for my mom’s birthday in January. Then we had friends over for dinner last weekend, and I made risotto to go with our steaks. I had leftover arborio rice […]


Valentine’s Day Pink Smoothie

Valentine’s Day is coming up in a couple of days, and I am working on some ideas to make our morning at home extra special. My mom always put out a card and some treats for Valentine’s morning, and I want to continue the tradition with my boys. For this year, I am going to […]


Skillet Shrimp Fajitas

I made these skillet shrimp fajitas on a Saturday, but they could easily be whipped up on a busy weeknight. And Mexican food meals like this are such a crowd-pleaser, because everyone can choose their own toppings. Ideally, these are done in a cast iron skillet, because the food will char a bit as it […]


Bread & Wine

I must tell you all about one of the best books I have ever read, or mostly read. To be honest, I have not finished the entire thing, but I have already gotten so much out of Bread & Wine. If you are passionate about hospitality, cooking, or opening your home to friends, family, and […]


How to Make Homemade Baby Food Squeeze Pouches and Purées

Today I am going to be a guest on a Charlotte morning show! The producer asked me to come discuss making homemade baby food. Hopefully I will be able to share some information, without embarrassing myself! Since I will be chatting all about the subject on the show, I thought I’d share more tips and […]


Gluten Free Crispbread with Toppings

Have you all heard the hype around GG crackers? I see them all the time on instagram, and have started to learn why. Though GG crackers, which are an amazing source of fiber, are not gluten free, I did find an alternative from, where else, Trader Joe’s! These gluten free crispbreads have become a staple […]


Sharing is caring, right? Just like the “Tries” function on Pinterest, I wanted to share some recipes that I have tried lately. Some of these were ones I found on Pinterest, and others were from blogs that I read. I’m telling you all about the meals I have made lately that were hits at our […]


BBQ Taco Chicken Stuffed Potato with Dairy-Free Cilantro Cream

Tonight’s menu consists of homemade chicken soup for my two sick boys. Who else is ready for summer? Or maybe it’s time to move to the tropics?! All of the germs floating around right now are awful. I’m over here dreaming of warmer weather! But, earlier this week, while we were all healthy, we enjoyed […]


Sweet Greens Ginger Smoothie

Todd and I have gotten on a kick of putting ginger in our green smoothies, and you know what? They are delicious! Plus the ginger is an anti-inflammatory food. This green smoothie is sweet, fresh, and has a gentle spicy kick from the ginger root. We add an apple to this for a crisp and […]


Watercolor Birthday Cake Tutorial

Last weekend we celebrated my sweet aunt’s birthday! My cousins and uncle put together a surprise party for her, and seeing her reaction was so much fun and really special. They all did a great job coordinating it and keeping it a secret. I was able to contribute, in just a small way, by making […]


Sheet Pan Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Veggies

After I made this dish I took the pans out on our front porch in the freezing cold to take some pictures (you know you’re a food blogger when ;)). Well when I came in from doing that, I stood at the stove and ate way too many bites of this straight off the pan! I love […]


Breakfast Salad

This is a polar opposite breakfast recipe from my last post, but it is still a really delicious way to start the day! We have had this breakfast salad pretty often recently, and it is honestly so filling and delicious. If you are doing Whole 30, this qualifies, and is a great meal any meal […]


December held some high highs and some low lows for us in 2017. It honestly felt like riding a roller coaster at times, but Christmas morning was a highlight. We were able to celebrate bright and early at home with our boys! Todd and I received so much joy from watching them make a huge […]



Original article and pictures take i1.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий