вторник, 21 января 2014 г.

Nut Butter Runner

Nut Butter Runner

Full Body Workout


Hello there!


Yesterday I started off with the intention to go to the gym for my favorite body pump class. Since I got out of work late, I missed it. Rather than call it a wash, I did my own full body workout with little bursts of cardio!


It took me just under 20 minutes to complete the entire workout! You guys know I am a big fan of quick and effective workouts! I also love not actually requiring a gym, which you can also easily make this an at home workout with just a set of dumbbells.



If you want to add a little more variety, you could just do 40-50 seconds of any cardio of your choice rather than jumping jacks! Jumping rope, high knees, jogging in place, etc. would all be great options as well.


I did jumping jacks because I personally love them. Jumping jacks have a ton of benefits! They’re considered an aerobic exercise, so as your heart rate elevates, the oxygen to your blood stream and muscles increases, and so does your fat burn. Since you’re moving all of your large muscle groups, you also have strengthening benefits. When you breathe deeply and engage your core, you get an abdominal workout as well! I use jumping jacks a lot in interval training since your heart rate will stay elevated during the recovery period, continuing a high-level of fat-burning and improving overall stamina. (source)


***


Moving on to my latest favorite snack! I have pretty much had this all week long, whether between meals or as dessert. When I researched the benefits of the different components of this recipe, I realized it was the perfect “before bed” snack.



Bananas are an excellent source of magnesium and potassium, which help to relax muscles. They also contain tryptophan, which converts to serotonin and melatonin, the brain’s key calming hormones, aiding in helping you fall asleep. (source)


Coconut milk contains essential vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, which blocks nerve cells from becoming overactive, calming nerve cells reduce contraction of muscles and make you feel more relaxed. (source)


Ginger has been shown to decrease congestion and inflammation. It also helps relieve nausea effects, just as effectively as medication. (source)



Coconut Ginger Chia Pudding

Serves: One

By: Morganne


1/2 Banana, mashed

1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (coconut yogurt would be great, too!)

1/2 Tbsp Coconut Flour

1/2 Tbsp Chia Seeds

1/4 cup Coconut Milk

1 tsp Ginger

1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Nutmeg


Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.


Coconut Ginger Chia Pudding

163 calories, 3.4g fat, 22.5g carbohydrates, 10.9g protein


Original article and pictures take static.blovcdn.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий