пятница, 22 марта 2013 г.

Kettlebell Full Swing Total Body Workout

Kettlebell Full Swing Total Body Workout

Kettlebells are in full swing here!


full-swing

Swings, cleans, snatches, even get-ups. It feels great to be back, doing what I love after so many weeks away.


Here’s a tip friends… if you love being active, don’t break your leg. You’re welcome.


It took a solid 2 weeks to get comfortable swinging again. Not because my leg was weak, but because fitness is so mental.


What if I hit my leg with a swing? What if during a get-up, I twist my ankle? What if somehow I let go of the kettlebell and it re-breaks my leg?


I know, I know. Insane but hey, that’s adulthood. Fear is real, and only grows as we get older and analyze risks.


Damn risks.


So to make a long story short… I’m back to all things kettlebells and man do I have a killer workout for you today.


It took me about 20 minutes to complete from start to finish and I challenge you to time yourself as well.


Not into kettlebells?


No biggie… you can replace the swings with squat jumps or jump rope. The choice is yours. But commit to it. Once you decide on the exercise, you’re not allowed to switch out.


Fun Total Body Kettlebell Blitz


Total Body Kettlebell Workout revolving around heart thumbing swings. #kettlebell #workout

Here’s how this is going to work. Grab a timer, start it and see how long it takes you to complete the following workout from start to finish.


As you can see, the kettlebell swings increase by 10 reps each time! Here’s the kicker though…


If at any time you have to put the kettlebell down before the reps are completed, stop and do the circuit.


Ex. If for the 20 swings, I complete 10. I will do 5 chin-ups and 15 squat thrusters. Then, I’ll complete the final 10 swings and repeat the circuit before moving forward.


Make sense?


It’s a challenge, especially the second half.


Oh, one more thing. Go with a kettlebell that is challenging and try not to go down in weight.


Don’t choose a light kettlebell because you know you can do 60 swings straight, that’s only hurting your gains.


The Moves


Kettlebell Swing


core-swings

Kettlebell Squat



Kettlebell Pushups


kb-uneven-pushups

Kettlebell Snatches


alternating kettlebell snatches

Kettlebell Cherry Pickers


core-pickers-russian-twist

Kettlebell Thrusters


frozen-thrusters

Kettlebell Rows


kettlebell rows

Like this workout? Make sure to share it!


When is the last time you did a workout and walked away feeling 100% accomplished?


Original article and pictures take www.liftingrevolution.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий